The equipment for working at height has the following main functions:
- Allows access of operators at working areas at height (ladders, platforms, scaffolds);
- Ensures operator's safety during ascent/descent to/from works at height (hooks, anchoring supports and devices);
- Protects operators from falling from height (safety harnesses, lanyards, carabiners, etc.);
- Assures fall arrest and shock absorption during a fall (fall arresters, energy absorbers).
When working at a height (2 m from the ground or a reference base) *, when there is a risk of falling, workers must be provided with personal protective equipment against falls from a height. Lack of proper equipment, misinterpretation of the importance of wearing the equipment, the use of inappropriate or worn-out equipment, incorrect use of equipment are also causes of accidental fall from a height.
* reference base - represents a place where integrated protection measures have been taken and where there is no danger of falling.
"Personal protective equipment against falling from height" defines the totality of the elements and components mounted in a particular sequence, either to prevent a fall from a height or to stop the fall as safely and quickly as possible. The protective equipment incorporates flexible anchor devices (lifelines), fall arresters, personal protective harnesses and their auxiliary working means, rescue devices.
Extensible and multipurpose ladders
Devices and accessories for ladders
Miscellaneous accessories for works at height