Code: Msp – CAA – U – nxSf/lf – Sp/lp – O/p
The poly phase earthing device provided with automatic self-locking phase clamps (CAA) can be applied from the ground on the MV overhead lines.
This device contains three subassemblies: one for earthing, the others for short-circuiting of the conductors.
The main parts of the phase clamp are made by casting from aluminium alloy.
This clamp (CAA) is provided with a special coupling system for setting up on conductor and a steel ring for removal from conductor. The new coupling system allows easy and safe mounting of the clamp on the applicator. This system avoid an accidental detachment of the clamp and assures a simultaneously detachment of the clamp from the applicator along with its fastening on conductor.
The operation is performed from the ground, using a long telescopic insulating stick (maximum length 9 meters, code: PTU-AS-400kV-6-C).
This procedure should be done respecting following operations:
1. The earthing subassembly should be applied in order to get the connection of a phase conductor to the ground.
2. After that, the short-circuiting subassembly should be applied starting by the conductor connected to the ground.
The fastening of the phase clamp is performed by hooking and pulling downward of the clamp, on conductor. At the setting up operation, an appropriate insulating stick with applicator should be used.
The removal of the phase clamp could be performed by hooking and pulling downward the steel ring of the phase clamp. At the removal operation, an insulating stick with removal fork should be used.
|Number of overhead conductors||Short-circuiting subassembly for 3 LV conductors||Short-circuiting subassembly for 2 LV conductors||Earthing subassembly|
Nominal operational voltage Un (kV)
Short-circuiting Sf and earthing Sp cable cross-section (mm2)
Nominal short-circuiting current for t = 1s Isc (kA)
Nominal peak current for t = 0,02 s Isd (kA)
Testing short-circuiting current for t = 1s Itest (kA)
Testing peak current for t = 0,02 s Ipeak (kA)
Peak factor (SR EN 61230)
Short-circuiting cables length If (m)
Earthing cable length Ip (m)
Diameter of conductor on which can be applied the phase clamp ØD (mm)
5 ÷ 32
This equipment contains the following subassemblies and components:
– Short-circuiting subassembly for 3 LV conductors (1…3 pieces):
– Automatic self-locking phase clamp (CAA) – 3 pieces
– Short-circuiting cables – 2 pieces
– Short-circuiting subassembly for 2 LV conductors (0…1 pieces):
– Automatic self-locking phase clamp (CAA) – 2 pieces
– Short-circuiting cables – 1 piece
– The earthing subassembly:
– Automatic self-locking phase clamp (CAA) – 1 piece
– Earthing cable – 1 piece
– Earthing clamp – 1 piece
– Clamp applicator – 1 piece
– Removal fork – 1 piece
– Earthing rod – 1 piece
This equipment is delivered in a carrying bag or a transport case.